Ensuring Your Safety
Implementation of Plan B due to the Omicron variant.
With increased restrictions announced from the 10th December 2021 Dudley Canal and Caverns will be doing everything it can to stay open and offer its trips whilst ensuring the ongoing safety of all our staff volunteers, visitors and service users.
We hope to be able to fulfil all our Santa Christmas Trips and bookings but we will review this daily based on advice and guidance from the government. Please continue to check our website and social media channels for our latest updates.
From Friday 10th December 2021
- Masks are compulsory in all our indoor areas, this includes the caverns and tunnels.
- Masks are not required in the Gongoozler Restaurant whilst visitors are eating and drinking.
- We will maintain our enhanced cleaning regime with specially trained cleaning staff on site all day working to a set cleaning regime using appropriate cleaning materials and sanitisers.
- There will still be a plentiful supply of hand sanitisers, washing facilities and additional cleaning materials available throughout the site.
- We will keep our boats running at a reduced seating capacity.
- We will encourage social distancing in the inside spaces by use of signage, floor stickers and barrier systems.
- We will ask anyone to leave who we consider is acting inappropriately and putting our staff and visitors at risk.
- Our staff will still undergo lateral flow tests, temperature and symptom checks before they begin work.
How you can help us
- Please wear a mask for your safety as well as ours when in indoor populated areas. If you have an exemption certificate or badge, please bring it with you to help the staff recognise the exemption.
- Use the sanitisers, washing facilities and additional cleaning materials which are available for your use around the site.
- Respect social distancing requests and understand other visitors may still be uneasy in populated areas.
- Talk to us, if you have any further suggestions or observations.